Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Generic
Protect yourself from workplace injuries by using the correct PPE.
Want more seats or to run a course on your LMS? See the "Contact Us" area at the bottom of the page. PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save.
More than one-quarter of all disabling injuries involve the head, eyes, hands or feet. Personal protective equipment, or PPE, is designed to protect you from those health and safety hazards that cannot practically be removed from your immediate work environment.
In this course we will review the most common types of PPE. You'll find out when and where you need PPE, how to choose the correct equipment for your work environment, and the limitations of the equipment you use.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Identify the most common types of PPE and give examples of each.
- Identify situations in which hard hats are required by law.
- Describe the significance of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) patches for safety footwear.
- Identify the responsibilities of managers/supervisors and employees in ensuring health and safety in the workplace.
- What is PPE?
- How to use PPE?
- Head Protection
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Body Protection
- Hand Protection
- Leg and Foot Protection
- Hi-Viz Clothing
Employers, supervisors and workers in construction and general industry
Accessible, audio, hybrid, mobile