Individual Listening Skills
This Individual Listening Skills online training course is designed for all employees and explores the meaning of active listening and the reasons why people do not listen effectively. This course is designed to help participants improve listening skills through increased awareness of their personal listening styles and practical exercises to develop their listening skills.
Want more seats or to run a course on your LMS? See the "Contact Us" area at the bottom of the page. PRICE BREAKS - The more you buy, the more you save.
This Individual Listening Skills online training course explores the meaning of active listening and the reasons why people do not listen effectively. Researchers estimate that people generally comprehend only 25% of a typical verbal message.
Too many people take active listening skills for granted. They believe that hearing and listening are the same. They don't realize that listening is much more than hearing sound vibrations. Active listening is hard work in which a person not only hears what is said but also attempts to understand the facts and feelings of the speaker and tries to convey to the speaker that "I understand what you are saying." Learn how to determine your "listening skills level"; why people don't listen better; why we have to use more than our ears to listen; the different levels of listening; and specific skills that can help improve a person's listening skills.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Individual Listening Skills course, the user will learn:
- Define the meaning of active listening.
- Assess your current listening skills.
- Recognize the reasons why people do not listen effectively.
- Outline the benefits of active listening.
- Identify the non-verbal parts of communication.
- Identify the four distinct levels of listening.
- Describe specific active listening skills that can be improved.
This online Individual Listening Skills course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Active Listening
- Measure Your Listening Skills
- Why Don't We Listen Better?
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Levels or Degrees of Listening
- Becoming an Active Listener
This Individual Listening Skills online training course was designed for all employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.