Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors [US]
This Harassment Prevention online training course is designed for employers and supervisors to gain a greater understanding of harassment and illegal discrimination offering practical tools in prevention and processes to follow when a complaint is made. Preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace is vital to creating a safe, tolerant and respectful work culture.
This Harassment Prevention online training course for supervisors explores the timely issues of harassment and illegal discrimination and how they affect a company and its' employees. This course offers practical tools for harassment prevention and provides processes to follow when a complaint is made.
Sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discrimination are damaging to organizations, employees, and society. Preventing harassment and discrimination in the workplace is vital to creating a safe, tolerant and respectful work culture. Harassment prevention training educates and empowers employees, giving them the tools to create a safe workplace and a positive work culture.
States like California, New York, and Connecticut have specific training mandates. This federal version applies to all supervisors in the United States, excluding those three states (they have their own version, which we also offer). Regardless of mandates, all states strongly encourage harassment and discrimination training. It benefits the individual and the organization.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training for Supervisors course, the user will learn:
- Why it is essential to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- Recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful
- Utilize strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- Recall (from your own experience) practical examples of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Describe what to do if you experience, receive a complaint of, or observe inappropriate or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- Understand the remedies available to victims
- Identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees and employers
This online Harassment Prevention for Supervisors consists of the following sections:
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- Who is Responsible for Preventing Harassment?
- Handling Complaints
This Harassment Prevention for Supervisors online training course is designed for supervisors, managers, and owners in the United States.
If you have any concerns about whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.