Harassment Prevention Training for Employees [California] (SB1343)
This Harassment Prevention online training course is designed for employees in California. This course offers the latest update in harassment prevention training in California, including SB 1343. This course offers employees an understanding of what harassment and discrimination look like in the workplace and how they can be prevented and processes to follow if a complaint is made.
This Harassment Prevention online training course for employees in California explores why it is so essential to maintain a respectful and harassment-free workplace. Harassment and illegal discrimination are damaging to organizations, employees, and society at large. This online harassment training gives employees in California a greater understanding of harassment and illegal discrimination, how education can help with prevention, and processes to follow after a complaint.
This course complies with all current California training regulations. California organizations with five or more employees must train all employees for one hour and supervisors for two hours on harassment prevention. (SB1343) This course offers essential information to create a safe workplace with dignity and respect.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention course for California employees, the user will learn:
- Explain why it is vital to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- Recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate, and/or unlawful
- Utilize strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, and employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- Recall practical examples of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Describe what to do if you experience, receive a complaint of, or observe inappropriate and/or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- Understand the remedies available to victims
- Identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees and employers
This online Harassment Prevention Training course for California employees consists of the following sections:
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- The Complaint Process
This Harassment Prevention online training course is designed for Calfornia Employees.
If you have any concerns about whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.